1. Dehors, convergent vers le Capitole. Alors que les manifestations se transformaient en émeutes, la foule s’est approchée de l’extrémité est du centre commercial.
2. La sécurité bloque l’entrée sur le front ouest du Capitole.
3. Mise à l’échelle du bord extérieur du portique.
4. As rioters close in on the main doors of the building, police deploy gas in an effort to disperse them.
5. The rioters, who seem to have first entered the building from the east, cross the interior and open the doors on the west front, breaking a window in the process. (See tweet below for video from inside the doors.)
6. Attackers scale the perimeter wall at the building’s northeast corner.
7. On the staircase in the Senate wing.
8. In the second-floor corridor of the Senate wing. The white marble bust on the right is of Richard Nixon; the portrait at far left is of the ardent pro-slavery senator John C. Calhoun.
9. Inside the Senate chamber.
10. Sheltering in place in the gallery around the House of Representatives chamber.
11. Breaking into the House chamber. Inside, security officers draw their guns.
12. An invader occupies Nancy Pelosi’s ceremonial offices. They’re outside the House chamber; her main working space is in the nearby Longworth House Office Building.
13. A looter departs the House offices through the rotunda with a lectern bearing the Speaker’s seal.